I am "Rockin the Bakken" and "Frackin the Forks"!

30.1.11

Sleep

There are three parts to the drilling assembly.  The part that spins and drills the hole is the bit.  It is at the very end of the pipe.  Next to it is the motor and then is the tool.  The tool sends information back to the command center (working shack) that allows us to drill a successful hole.  We finished drilling the vertical hole yesterday and had to trip out (pull all the pipe and assembly out of the hold) and change the assembly so we can start drilling the curve.  In other words, I dont' have to work!  I decided to get some sleep (keep in mind I am used to working all night).  I laid in bed around 1 am.  I tried counting sheep, my mind starts to wonder.  I then tried to imagine being on a beach somewhere on the coast of some island.  I imagined the humming of the rig to be waves washing up on the shore.  I start twittering my thumbs.  I end up reading all night and sleeping all day! Grrr!

1 comment:

  1. Is that a thumb tweet i hear? Last I heard it was called "twiddling" your thumbs!

    ReplyDelete