I am "Rockin the Bakken" and "Frackin the Forks"!

30.1.11

Hobbies

One thing this job has given me the opportunity to do is discover new hobbies.  Below is a list of things I have taken up.  Looking for more ideas!!!
  • Reading...I always liked to read. I have been on this rig for 7 days and have read 4 books.  You do the math!
  • Blogging...duh!
  • Playing guitar...This is not going so well.  When I play a G and C it doesn't sound pretty.  And I know what you are all thinking...did I tune the guitar or am I playing the chords right.  These are questions that remind me of tech services at the high school I taught at.  Whenever I had a problem with something they would always ask..Is it plugged in?  Is it turned on?  Grrrr!  My mom tuned the guitar before I left and YES my fingers are in the right spot!
  • Watching movies.  MWD (Measurement While Drilling engineer) are the guys that are in charge of the tool part of the assembly.  I like to call them "Movie watching dudes".  They always have the newest movies or the best movies available for me to borrow!  I have watched more TV and movies this last 6 months then I have in my entire life combined!

1 comment:

  1. I'll give you a guitar lesson when you get home. Also, have you tried crochet?
    Beni

    ReplyDelete