I am "Rockin the Bakken" and "Frackin the Forks"!

27.1.11

October 2010

I got off work around 5 in the morning and went right to bed.  Around 9 am someone was pounding on my door saying that I had to get up because the drug dogs were here (just like at school!!).  I got up and went to the safety shack.  Everyone on sight was in there including Tim Fischer (my neighbor in Killdeer).  He was driving truck and once you come on location you can't leave until the dog checks are done.  He was NOT happy!  So we got to hang out for a few hours.  I am tired and totally out of it.  When they get done, the company man pulls us all outside and tells us the results.  Everything was fine, he thanked the guys for coming out, thanked everyone for being patient, etc.  As he was finishing up talking, he brought his hands together which I took as he is going to start clapping.  So what do I do?  I start clapping so loud and fanatically (like I was giving a standing ovation at some amazing concert).  Everyone stops and looks at me!  My face turned red and I was totally embarrassed.  From then on, the rough necks always clapped when I walked by.  UGH!  Keep in mind I was on a lack of sleep! :)

2 comments:

  1. HAHA I love this story.. reminds me of the time I started clapping after the sermon in church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. F'ing hilarous!!!!!! I am crying! I assume the other comment is your sister...this has to be genetic. I need to read this again...f'ing funny!!!
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete