I am "Rockin the Bakken" and "Frackin the Forks"!

26.11.11

Spanksgiving

The oil field never sleeps.  In my year and three months of working for the oil field I had a rig shut down for 4 hours.  The reason they shut down is because the roads were so snowed in that an ambulance could not get onto our location if we needed one.  Other then that, we work around the clock, day and night, weekends, and holidays.  I have actually forgotten what it is like to be in a good mood on Friday because the weekend is in sight and the feeling of dread on a Sunday night because you have to go back to work the next morning. 

Last year I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years!  This year I had to work Thanksgiving again.  I decided that I was going to cook a huge Thanksgiving meal for all the guys out here because I was craving turkey, stuffing, and tators!  There were a few superintendents from Oxy in the neighborhood that stopped by as well.  All in all, I ended up cooking for a total of 40 people or so.  It was a lot of work but ended up pretty darn tasty.

The company men appreciated the meal so much that the next day I got a dozen roses delivered on the rig.  It was pretty funny and kind of embarrassing.  I am assuming flowers to not get delivered to rig sights very often.  I wonder if I would be a man if they still would of delivered flowers?  hmmmm...... Another thought...why do we not have any vases out here on location?  I had to use a water pitcher. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made your own fun for Thanksgiving. We certainly missed you!

    ReplyDelete