I am "Rockin the Bakken" and "Frackin the Forks"!

4.8.11

Work Shack

I have officially started my second job as a lead geologist.  I was super excited when I got to work to see we had gotten a new command center (which is the shack the MWD, DD, and I work out of).  A reminder: the MWD controls the tools that bring data back to our offices and the DD basically does the calculations to build the curve.  Back to my new work shack...It has a kitchen and a bathroom!  YAY!  Last hole we had to use the bathroom AKA outhouse and share it with the roughnecks.  I held my pee all day!  I would NOT go in there.  My other option was to pee outside, which I also did not do (even though I am a professional squatter!)  Reminder: I work 12 hour days and start at a quarter to 5 in the morning.  It is so hard to go to bed early because the sun is out until 9:30 pm.  So needless to say, I have been pretty tired at work lately.  I noticed this sign was posted right by the door in our work shack...I don't know about you, but I think it is suggesting I can nap at work! :)

1 comment:

  1. Geologists NEVER nap in the command center!!!

    ReplyDelete