I am "Rockin the Bakken" and "Frackin the Forks"!

20.5.11

Promotion!

I am currently in training to become a lead geologist which is super exciting!  This job we are doing has been very stressful.  Not only do we have to land the curve exactly in the Three Forks, geo-steer our way through the lateral to make sure we don't get out of the "money zone", but we also are running two cores.  A core is when they go down with a different bit and actually cut out a 60' interval of the earth that is the size of a hockey puck (but 60 or more feet long).  This was very stressful because we had to start the core at a very specific point as well.  We have been working many 20 hour days, stressed to the max, that type of thing.  The guy who is training me said he feels like he is training a mob bosses daughter to ride a bike.  If she falls and skins her knee, someone will be right there to gash up his knee.  Make sense?  If I mess up something on this job, it reflects on him.  I thought this was funny.  I went to tell my night hand about it and I said, "Bob (not actually his name) says he is a mob bosses daughter." ...this job is wearing on my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment