I am "Rockin the Bakken" and "Frackin the Forks"!

13.5.11

Nonportable-Nonpotable

There have been numerous times in my life where someone has told me I need to pay better attention to minute details.  In college I would email my sister my papers for composition and she would proofread them.  I would get it back with swear words on it because I did not pay enough attention to the details of the paper.  I have spent a lot of time trying to improve this one flaw of mine but I recently made an oops.  Our water on the rig is transported out here from who-knows-where.  Sometimes it has a funny smell, sometimes it has a funny tint, and sometimes it is just fine.  Kind of like Mexico, it is a known fact out here to not drink the water.  For some reason, this was not brought to my attention.  Everything in our shack that runs water has a label "nonpotable".  Also, I miss read the word nonpotable and thought it said nonpoRtable.  So in my super smart mind, I assumed you just could not transport it.  I figured they pay a lot of money to get it out here so they didn't want anyone taking any back home with them.  Well I had been getting pretty sick for some time (I won't go into details) and noticed that everyone else had bottled water.  I was going off about all the water bottles and waste they were producing, which lead to the conversation that you are not supposed to drink the water.  Which then lead to a bet that the words on the toilet were nonpotable, not portable.  I lost the bet.  Just a FYI, nonpotable means "Water that has not been examined, properly treated, and not approved by appropriate authorities as being safe for consumption".  Gross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment