I am "Rockin the Bakken" and "Frackin the Forks"!

9.3.11

Feminine Hygiene Products

I just started on a new rig last night.  I arrived, met with my new lead, discussed the plan, and started unpacking.  We decided to get settled into our living shack before we set up our work shack.  After a couple hours of disinfecting everything (I think I am a germ-a-phob out here!), I got into my FR (fire resistant) clothing and my bedazzled steel-toed boots and headed over to the work shack.  I was hanging out waiting for my lead to come over.  He arrived carrying two things in his hands that caught my attention right away.  I was distracted by someone (I am easily distracted) and started working on something.  In a couple of minutes, I looked at my lead and it hit me.  He was opening two pads!!  I asked him, "Are those what I think they are?"  Two guys that have been working with him for 10 or more jobs hadn't noticed until I said this.  Sure enough, they were maxi pads and he was putting them in his shoes!  We all just started to laugh and didn't really know what to say.  Supposedly he gets blisters from shoes on his achillies tendon.  Band aids don't work.  He has spent hundreds of dollars trying to find something to put in his shoes to prevent this and maxi pads work the best! I have attached a picture.  Of course, being a girl, I noticed.  No one else had noticed for years!!  He did mention that they soak up the sweat (gross).  Also, he left them in the back of his pickup along with other things on his last break.  His shoes were the only thing that stayed dry!  The jokes started with, Have you tried ones with WINGS? or are these SUPER absorbent???

No comments:

Post a Comment